Wednesday 20 September 2017

dev/kvm not found in android studio

I was facing 'dev/kvm not found' this issue. I was not able to launch emulator in android studio.

The I checked kvm in my system with below command:

$kvm-ok
sachin@sachin-E470:~$ kvm-ok
The program 'kvm-ok' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt install cpu-checker

Then I ran below command:

sachin@sachin-E470:~$ sudo apt-get install qemu-kvm libvirt-bin ubuntu-vm-builder bridge-utils

Then I got :

sachin@sachin-E470:~$ sudo kvm-ok
INFO: /dev/kvm does not exist
HINT:   sudo modprobe kvm_intel
INFO: Your CPU supports KVM extensions
INFO: KVM (vmx) is disabled by your BIOS
HINT: Enter your BIOS setup and enable Virtualization Technology (VT),
      and then hard poweroff/poweron your system
KVM acceleration can NOT be used

Then I did:

sachin@sachin-E470:~$ sudo adduser sachin kvm  --where sachin is my username of on computer

Then I restarted system-->wen tto Bios-->security-->virtualization
and enabled both options for intel virtualization.

then started computer.

KVM issue solved.

Happy learning!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Extract error records while inserting into db table using JDBCIO apache beam in java

 I was inserting data into postgres db using apache beam pipeline. it works perfectly with JdbcIO write of apache beam library. But, now, i ...